School of Research and Training scholarship package details are as follows:
- The grant of scholarship is to aid the recipient in developing experience in a specific area of study , work on thesis or present a research paper.
- The scholarship is awarded to a graduate or post graduate as an aid in their pursuit of higher education.
- The only requirement associated with the scholarship fund is that the student is enrolled in the School of Research and Training and demonstrates reasonable progress towards the allotted research project.
- The SRT Scholarship covers the academic fees , hostel fees , cafeteria , supplies and travel expenses.
- The terms of the grant may include specific deliverables, or require participation in activity.
- The scholarship funds are administered by the Director of the School of Research and Training.
- Performance of the scholars is closely monitored for the renewal of the grant every year.
- The value of the scholarship for Research project undertaken is Rs. 2,10,000 for 2 years , after the residentship.
- The procedure for release of scholarship is conditional , which will be detailed at time of selection.
- The scholarship application shall be submitted by each fellow, beginning of the last month of residentship.
- The application will be available at the office of SRT.
- The prescribe application for the grant of scholarship be submitted by the “Director School of Research & Training”
- The performance and assessment of the fellow during his/her residentship shall be criteria for the scholarship.
- The eligible fellow must submitted their application by 1st June of every year, if 1st June should fall on weekend the following working day.
- A letter of grant of fellowship and performances & assessment proforma must accompany this application. The letter should explain the applicant’s interest and their proposed plan of action for the completion of their project assigned.
The eligibility will be based on the quality of research work resumed by the scholar during his initial period of the course. Any publications done by the scholar if any will also be considered. The detailed criteria for selection shall be after the residentship and will be dependant on the performance and assessment of the scholar by the selection committee / scholarship award committee . The committee reserves the rights of awarding the scholarship and cancellation of scholarship or dispersal of funds any time.
SCHOLARSHIP AWARD COMMITTEE
The Executive committee shall serve as “A Scholarship award committee”. The committee will meet on the 15 th June to discuss the eligibility application and determine the awardees. The Quorum will consist of 3 – 5 committee members. The simple vote of majority of the quorum will be necessary to adopt the action.
DISPERSAL OF FUNDS
The details of dispersal of funds to the scholars will be detailed at the time of their enrollment in the School of Research and Training.
Accommodation to all the fellows enrolled with the School of Research and training will be made by the School, at its campus.