A) Community Research
1) Community research projects.
2) Epidemiological surveys.
3) Identification of health problems of the region.
4) Interventions planned, implemented and effects will be evaluated.
B) Laboratory Research
1) Laboratory research projects.
2) Scrutinization of the research.
C) Basic Research
1) Basic Research Project.
2) Studies detailing structure and function including immunity and pathogenesis, usually laboratory based.
D) Clinical Research
1) Clinical Research Project
2) Research conducted with human subjects in a medical setting.
3) Designed to obtain better information/prophylaxis or pathogenesis of a condition that may lead to improved strategies for diagnosis, treatment or prevention of ill health.
E) Epidemiologic Research
1) Epidemiologic Research Project
2) The study of distribution and determinants of health related conditions in human populations and the use of this knowledge to improve their health states.
F) Health System Research
1) Health System Research Project.
2) Research that examines the provision.
3) Resource generation ( Human and infrastructure) financing governance and the utilization of health care service.
G) Social Economic and Behavioral Research
1) Social Economic and Behavioral Research Project.
2) Research that focuses on social, cultural, economic and behavioral factors that may modify the risk and outcome of disease in individuals and populations.
H) Operational Research
1) Operational Research Project
2) Combination of research techniques looking at problems in a system so as to provide better solution to managers in control of operations.
1) Bioethics Research
2) Research on moral, ethical, legal and social issues pertaining to health.
J) Health Information Research and Bio-informatics
1) Research in the field of health information science.
K) Bioengineering and Diagnostics
1) Bioengineering and Diagnostics projects.
2) Research to develop innovative biologics, material, processes, implements, devices and informatics for prevention, diagnosis treatment and rehabilitation.
L) Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Research
1) Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Research Project
2) Research related to discovery and development of new chemical entities biological products for health care.
M) Traditional and Complementary Medicine Research
1) Application of all the above research systems on the rich heritage of Indian and other traditional system which can be incorporated in the health care system.