R and D Activities
Research is an on going process in the constituent hospital of the School of Research and Training. The combination of technical competence and the urge to be relevant to the rural community has given rise to wide range of research and development activities.There is immense research potential in rural health problems, like medicine, rural health and sanitation, occupational health, biotechnology, appropriate health care delivery system, Information Technology in delivering effective health care, education in rural areas, integrated system of medicine and alternative medicine.The School of Research and Training complex staff is determined to explore all these research avenues for the benefit of community. Many research activities have been designed at various levels through homoeopathy – being cost effective.The School of Research and Training besides its devotion to basic and fundamental research are endeavouring to carry out applied and operational research including action research for continuously improving the cost effective health care delivery services. Research priorities are being identified in consultation with social scientists, health planners and community leaders.All faculty members and post graduate students are engaged research related to problems directly affecting the community and on topics of as global importance.Many research activities have been designed at the departmental level of the SRT and also large sponsored interdisciplinary projects at the Institutional/Organization level. The research and development activities are centrally monitored by “SRT” with the Director and senior faculty as members. Funding for research is provided by the School of Research & Training.The School of Research and Training are engaged in large scale research and development projects.
- Some of the major community oriented research projects to be implemented by School of Research & Training institutions include the following.
- Comprehensive Rural Health Care Project
- Computer based Maternal and Child Health System Research.
- Comprehensive Rural Eye Health Project.
- Maternal Mortality : Hospital cum Community based Case Control Study.
- Study on Induced Abortions in Rural Areas.
- Mother Reproductive and Child Health Scheme.
- AIDS and Sex Education for Adolescent Population in Rural Areas, Village Sanitation Improvement Project.
- Sustainable Development through Eco-friendly Environment in State of Maharashtra.
- Assessment of Prophylactic Efficacy of Homoeopathic Drug Childhood Diarrhoea in Rural urban Community.
Research and development activities is an integral part of the academic programme of the School of Research & Training. The research carried out of the SRT is monitored under various bodies. “Staff Scientific Society”, “Ethical Committee” and “Project Planning Cell”. The focus areas of research & development are need based, problem based, community & rural oriented, operational experimental and semi-experimental.
All faculty members & post-graduate students will be involved in research in the focus areas.
- LIBRARY FACILITIES: A Central Library is located in the premises of School of Research Training.
- INTERNET FACILITY: The Library is provided with Internet facility with 10 computer systems for the fellows as well faculty facilitating a direct internet access.
- AUDIO VISUAL ROOMS: The Library has a separate room equipped with audio-visual facilities for screening and viewing various educational audio-video cassettes.