In 1954 Dr. A. S. Dhole an eminent Homoeopathic Practitioner, started 4 indoor beds and an outdoor dispensary dispensary as a Charitable Homoeopathic Hospital in the name. of Matrusadan Charitable Homoeopathic Hospital in the rented building in the camp area and this was inaugurated and declared open by the then Health Minster of Madhya Pradesh and afterwards the Chief Minister of Maharashtr Hon’ble Shri M. S. Kannamwar and respected Rashtra Sant Shri Tukadoji Maharaj who graced the occassion by this personal presence and gave blessings for this philonthropic cause, in the present building, which was then an evaouee property and the Government of India through the Ministry of Rehabilitation, offered this building to this Matrusadan.There are 11 charitable and well equipped outdoor dispensaries out of which one is in the tribal area at Shirasgaon, Arendgaon, Loni Takii, Akoli, Nimbhora, Virshi, Anjangaon Bari, Gopalpur, Masod, Nandgaon Peth, Shirala with qualified homoeopathic doctors in the charge and one Indoor Hospital of 70 beds and 7 Peripherial homoeopathic OPD’s.
The. Principal and Vice-Principal with the Professor Doctors regularly visits those dispensaries. In addition to the working, one well equipped mobile dispensary with a motor vehicle attends affected epidemic area and fairs for homoeopathic treatment and medical guidence to the needy. Within, i.e. upto 1958, this institution did the elaudable work by treating more than 200,000 patients by homoeopathic treatment with great success, the appreciation came from many dignatories including Honourable His Excellency Dr. Pattabhi Sitaramayya the Governor of then Madhya, Pradesh and of the Maharashtra Government, many members of the parliament, the President of the District and local congress committees, Zilla Parishads, the Medical Practitioners from our country and abroad, homoeoathic practitioners of High Eminence from India and the Local Government Officers such as Collectors, District and Sessions Judges, the Personals in Armed Forces, together with the respected people of the town.
This Institution with this zealous and pious work had not come with any privilege of any and as regards money from the Government. With a view to give a bigger shape of action in the educational and charitable work of medical treatment and aid to propogate this true heeling art of homoeopathy in the masses in general, a Society in the name of the founder of Homoeopathic Sciences, “DR. SAMUAL HAHNEMANN” was formed to commemorate the name of magnanimious personality as Dr.Samual Hahnemann Charitable Medical Aid and Social Health Welfare Society, on 28-10-1957, in its first meeting and the same was registered under the Societies Registration Act on 12-02-1958. On the most auspicious day of the Independence of the Bhartiya Gantantra on 26th January 1958, the Advisors of the Matrusadan Charitable Hospital merged this Institution in Dr. Samual Hahnemann Charitable Medical Aid & Social Health Welfare Society. The society was started for the work of a very pious and charitable nature and this idea gained a substantial footing and response; inspite of any special reserve found or financial assets at their disposal. This society tried to raise the funds at the time of the payment money for the purchase or the evacuee property building for Matrusadan offered by the Government of India, Ministry of Rehabilitation for Rs. 9100/- from the people and when it was a time for the orders of the said Ministry to finalise the deed. which reached the limit of the lapsing of the time, Shrimati Venubai Dhole w/o. Dr. A. S. Dhole came to the rescuse of the Society by offering her all valuables for the purchase of the building, for the Society in the name of Matrusadan and hence the Institution got the property as their own in 1959.
As the work was progressing in leaps, and bonds, their on the Horizon, appeared a ray of inspiration from the Government of Madhya Pradesh with an ardent desire to help homoeopathy in the interest of the sick population of their nation and to standardize this scientific therapeutics by recognizing this Homoeopathic Science and by making a law for its development and adopted a standard of education and suitable curricula. This Society resolved on 27-9-1958 to open “A Homoeopathic College at Amravati” Dr. A. S. Dhole the figure-head of the scene was a spirit of inspiration and action to bring the institution into speedy and advance action and thus the homoeopathic college has taken shape and it was started on 15-7-1959 in the Muncipal A. V School building and thus the Educational Institution in homoeopathy came into being for the development and benefit in the interest of the people in general. The college has started functioning since 1959 and it was shifted to the Matrusadan Charitable Hospital by making necessary alterations for the accommodations of the college and by paying the rent to Matrusadan although it was a sister organization of the parent body, i.e. Dr. Samual Hahnemann Society. The college is very much popular among the young people from our districts and from all districts of Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh, and it has a privilege of the influx of the students from other provinces in India and that too from remotest corners of Gujarat, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Dehra Dun, Uttar Pradesh and from Southern India.